Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Full of Mirth

This is hilarious.

I was trying very hard to not laugh.  I guess everyone must have thought I was bipolar, because I kept alternating between glaring at the fat black man I fired ages ago and laughing at the models falling all over themselves.

I particularly enjoy the comments at the link above.  My assistant kept reading them out loud and I was laughing so hard I fell out of my chair twice.  I may have also been the gin and tonics, but I am pretty sure it was the comments.  And since I've been so mirthful lately, I need to make it up by eviscerating a few of the commenters.

'I was SHOCKED at the skinniness of some of the models (Yulia Carmack) at the Prada show.  Those girls look ill and designers should not be encouraging sick models.  Such an outrage.  - Katie'

Katie - 

Kindly lose twelve pounds immediately.  I can feel your fat face staring at my assistant who is reading your comment to me.  And I would like to define comment in your case as misguided and uninformed idiocy.  Who cares if Miuccia likes them skinny?  This reeks of bitterness - were you not picked to walk at your Barbi... Barblizon... Babizone...  (you know, that fake money-laundering 'modeling school') graduation in 5th grade?  Poor dear.

'Hey Prada - why no black women or Asian women or Hispanic women? Is the entire world full of white, blonde size zero women?  I didn't think so. - Chicagoexhile'

Chicagoexhile (spell 'exile' right for Karl's sake) -

Really?  I had no idea.  My world is full of size zero women.  White and blonde notwithstanding - there are plenty of tan brunettes around Vogue.  Miuccia is a former Communist, dear.  She loves uniformity.  And it's not chic to be politically correct all the time.  It's called stirring the pot, I believe.

And with that, I must get back to stirring my gin and tonic.  I do love Tanqueray - it brings out my viper tongue.

Hissssssssssss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its quite amusing watching the Prada girls hobble around in their rather unpractical footwear! Maybe you should put Anna in those shoes, just as a little joke.

And it actually did look like the homeless people have been rather generous with what goes out of their trash cans, hmm?

Anonymous said...

I thought the girls threw some brown newspaper over their shoulders and called it "fashion".

The footwear I did like, only because it will allow me to laugh at those who fall on their behinds (like a certain model)...

Anonymous said...

'Hey Prada - why no black women or Asian women or Hispanic women? Is the entire world full of white, blonde size zero women? I didn't think so. - Chicagoexhile'

Maybe the Prada world. It does seem more chic than usual. More chic than downtown, no?

'I was SHOCKED at the skinniness of some of the models at the Prada show. Those girls look ill and designers should not be encouraging sick models. Such an outrage. - Katie'

Do you really expect fat models? And by fat, I mean one or two kilos overweight.

My goodness. All they have to do is get photographed. It is not laboursome work. Why should they not meet extreme expectations. They have little to do with their spare time. Why not diet? Why not become so thin they may fly out an open window? After all, it is their job. To look good in clothes. Clothes look good on thin people. You would know this if you were thin...

Besides, Prada [brand] likes to look like the homeless...
And the homeless don't eat, do they? They're too poor...