Thursday, June 21, 2012

So, perhaps it was me

Here is a confession that'll surprise none of you: it was actually I who planned the Yves Saint Laurent name change, from Yves Saint Laurent to Saint Laurent Paris. I do not mind the young chap who formerly designed there, he was a good designer but didn't have the hip-to-the-minute thing that Hedi does. I'm sure he'll do fine at Bill Blass or somewhere like that. Hedi, as you know, is a good friend of mine and has been doing next-to-nothing for the last few years. "Hedi!" I would tell him, putting my best exclamation mark I'd had custom made for me by Fitzgerald. "Hedi! You must stop being so lazy! You haven't designed a spic of clothes in years! What if you die tomorrow! Everybody will think, what a failure, but couldn't he have been OK?", and then I would walk away with my ponytail down, and he would do that shrug all young men of a certain generation do.

As I told Yves in 1974, I take a while to get to my revenge. But I get there eventually, when nobody expects it. But my plan involves not only revenge- it is also to get Hedi working again, and to stop being a lazy do-nothing-all-day. Anna tells me this was her plan with Olivier Theyskens, and I said, how well did that work out? She gave me the shrug all women of a certain generation do and tilted her bob away from me.


6 comments:

Jose Pablo Anleu said...

Oh Hedi! Time for some Skinny Love again

OanaC said...

lovelyyy

xoxo Oana

www.style-muses.com

KarlDonatella said...

THE BEST BLOG I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Hahahaha this is such a great blog! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Edward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zane Wooder said...

Hedi will make a come back and when he does it will be awesome.

-Zane of ontario honey